When you visit and navigate our website, and when you communicate with us via the website, we will not collect personal information about you, unless you provide us that information voluntarily. Personal information may include a name, address, federal identification number or telephone number. We may request personal information from you at our website in order to deliver requested materials to you, respond to your questions or deliver a product or service or run our business. If you provide personal information to us voluntarily via our website, we will use this information only to serve your insurance needs, conduct company business, and fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. We will not disclose that information except as permitted by law. You may find more information below.
We welcome your comments or questions about our website and have provided email boxes for that purpose. We will share your comments and questions with our customer service representatives and those employees most capable of addressing your questions and concerns.
Please note that your email, like most non-encrypted Internet email communications, may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users without your knowledge and permission while in transit to us. For that reason, to protect your privacy, please do not use email to communicate information to us that you consider confidential. If you wish, you may contact us via telephone at the numbers provided at various locations on our website.
Some locations on CopperPoint’s website have special provisions for a more secure environment, so that we may exchange information of a more sensitive nature with you. At each of these locations, we provide you appropriate instructions.
PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED BY COPPERPOINT
CopperPoint is authorized to provide insurance products. The information and descriptions contained on this website regarding our insurance products are intended as general information and are not necessarily complete descriptions of the products and services offered by CopperPoint. As is the case with most insurance contracts, the policies described on this website are ultimately defined by the specific language in the insurance contracts.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED
The information presented on or through the website is made available solely for general information purposes. We do not warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of this information. Any reliance you place on such information is strictly at your own risk. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance place on such materials by you or any other visitor to the website or by anyone who may be informed of its contents. This website may include content provided by third parties. All statements and/or opinions expressed in these materials and other content are the opinions and responsibility of the persons or entity providing those materials and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of CopperPoint.
LINKING TO OTHER SITES
From time to time, the CopperPoint website may provide links to other websites, not owned or controlled by us, which we think might be useful or of interest to you. We cannot, however, be responsible for the privacy practices used by other website owners or the content or accuracy of those other websites. Links to various non-CopperPoint websites do not constitute or imply endorsement by CopperPoint of these other sites, any products or services described on them or of any other material contained in them and may not necessarily represent the views of CopperPoint. You agree that CopperPoint bears no responsibility or liability for any kind whatsoever for any content accessed or harm caused by any third-party website.
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE
You may provide links to this Website, provided (a) that you do not remove or obscure, by framing or otherwise, advertisements, the copyright notice, or other notices on the blog website, (b) your website does not engage in illegal, including defamatory, or pornographic activities, (c) you and your website do not represent any partnership, affiliation or endorsement without our prior written consent and (d) you discontinue providing links to this website immediately upon request by us and agree to cooperate with us in causing unauthorized use or framing to stop.
COPYRIGHT, Trademark/SERVICEMARK and Intellectual property
The content and presentation of this website and the CopperPoint name and logo, and related names and product and service names, designs and slogans are owned by CopperPoint and protected by copyright and/or trademark law. Unauthorized use or reproduction is prohibited. You must abide by all copyright notices and restrictions contained in this website. If you wish to make use of the materials on the website, please address your request to General Counsel, Sara Begley, at email@example.com.
ACCESSING THE WEBSITE AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
NO WAIVER OF TERMS
Failure of CopperPoint to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision in that or any other instance.
POSTING CONTENT ON THIS WEBSITE, MONITORING AND ENFORCEMENT
By posting or contributing content to the Website using these Services, you are granting CopperPoint a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, and worldwide license to use your name and content in connection with the operation of the Website and Services, and/or for educational or other non-commercial purposes, including, without limitation, (1) the license rights to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate and reformat your content, and/or to incorporate it into a collective work, and (2) the right to sublicense any or all of CopperPoint’s license rights to others.
You represent and warrant that (a) you have all right, title, and interest to such posted content, including but not limited to any consent, authorization, release, clearance or license from any third party (such as, but not limited to, any release related to rights of privacy or publicity) necessary for you to provide, post, upload, input or submit the content, or (b) that such content is in the public domain or that your use of such content constitutes fair use. You further represent and warrant that posting such content does not violate or constitute the infringement of any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, right of privacy, right of publicity, moral rights, or other intellectual property right recognized by any applicable jurisdiction of any person or entity, or otherwise constitute the breach of any agreement with any other person or entity.
COPYRIGHT notice and copyright COMPLAINTS
All content of this CopperPoint website are: ©CopperPoint Insurance Company 2020 by CopperPoint Insurance Company – All Rights Reserved. If you believe there is a violation of your copyrighted materials, see our Notice and Take Down Procedure for instructions on sending us a notice of copyright infringement. It is the policy of CopperPoint to terminate the user accounts of repeat infringers.
NO LEGAL ADVICE OR ATTORNY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP
Information contained on or made available through this website is intended for general use and is not intended to, and does not constitute, legal advice, recommendations, or counseling under any circumstance; no attorney-client relationship is formed. We do not warrant or guarantee the accurateness, completeness, usefulness of any posting, adequacy or currency of the information contained in or linked to this website. Your use of information on the website or materials linked is entirely at your own risk and you further agree that should not be relied upon and is not a substitute for advice from an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction who have been retained to represent you.
CopperPoint is not liable to any party for any direct, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of use of this website or of any hyper-linked website. Information on this website is provided for reference only and is not intended as legal or professional advice. Any links to other websites are provided solely as a convenience and are not endorsements of any product or service or website.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITIES
THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, OR OTHERWISE. WITHOUT LIMITATION, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF ALL SERVICES ASSOCIATED WITH USE OF THE WEBSITE. WE MAKE NO WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, THAT YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, OR ERROR-FREE. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO PORTIONS OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
PASSWORD AND SECURITY
As a registered user of the Website and Services, you may receive or establish one or more passwords. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your password(s) and CopperPoint Account(s). You understand and agree that you are fully responsible for all actions made from your CopperPoint Account. Any accounts you create are not transferrable. You agree to notify CopperPoint immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized use of your Account(s).
CopperPoint reserves the right to terminate your Account(s) or restrict access to your Account(s), or to delete any content posted through your Account(s), with or without notice, for any or for no reason, and without any liability to you.
COMMENTS AND CONCERNS
This website is operated by CopperPoint insurance family of companies, and feedback, comments, requests or other communication regarding the website should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll free 1-800-231-1363 or refer to www.copperpoint.com/contact-us. All notices of copyright infringement claims should be sent to our agent as set out in Notice and Take Down Procedure.
CopperPoint family of companies, which includes CopperPoint Insurance Company, Pacific Compensation Insurance Company, Alaska National Insurance Company and their affiliated companies (“CopperPoint),” values your privacy and strives to comply with the various laws and regulations that protect nonpublic personal information. To the extent that our website captures or you provide us your nonpublic, personally identifiable information, applicable laws may also depend on your status as a consumer, customer, non-customer/consumer, employee, job applicant, business partner, business prospect or other status, as well as the jurisdiction in which you reside. If your information has been collected in connection with any transaction involving an insurance claim, application or insurance policy related manner, your rights are likely covered under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”). Please refer to our GLBA privacy notice for further information on our privacy policies and practices. If you are a California resident, and your personal information is collected unrelated to an insurance transaction, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) may be applicable. Please refer to our CCPA privacy notice for further information on our privacy policies and practices.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect and disclose to third parties nonpublic information that identifies, describes or is reasonably related to a particular individual (Personal Information). The types of individuals we collect Personal Information on include our policyholders, beneficiaries under our polices, those who apply for insurance coverage, those who might register to receive information from us, and those who make inquiry to use and others. Personal Information may include information such as:
- Names, postal address, email addresses, and in some instances social security numbers, phone numbers, birthdates, claim information that identifies a specific individual, health insurance information, personal characteristics such as gender, age, race, medical condition and
- Information about you but does not identify you individually, such as about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the website and usage details.
This information is collected directly from you when you provide it or automatically when you navigate through the website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other technologies.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell your Personal Information. We may use Personal Information:
- For purposes related to our business operation including to fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information, to facilitate the customer experience, to create, maintain, customize and secure your account with us and to help maintain the safety, security and integrity of our website, products, services, databases and other technology assets and business.
- To guide our decision-making process when tailoring our service offerings or marketing efforts, to process your claims, requests, purchases, transactions, payments and to prevent transaction fraud, to personalize your experience with us, for testing, research, analysis, and product development.
- To respond to law enforcement requests are required by applicable laws, court order or regulations, to protect the rights, property and safety of you, us or clients or others, as described to you when collecting Personal Information or as otherwise set forth in the applicable privacy policies, or laws of the jurisdictions which we operate and you reside, and to evaluate or conduct financing, merger, divestiture, restructuring, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets.
- To verify your identity, process your registration, claim or application for any of our services, to interact with the insurance industry support organizations, for internal business purposes, to defend or prosecute claims
- To contact you regarding your use of any of our services and for any lawful purpose that you have expressly authorized us to use it for.
We undertake to protect the confidentiality and security of your information, including protecting it against unauthorized access or use through various, industry standard security features and limiting authorized access to person and organizations based on business need.
If your information has been collected in connection with any transaction involving an insurance claim, application or insurance policy related manner, your rights are likely covered under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”). Please refer to our GLBA privacy notice. If you are a California resident, personal information collected may be applicable to privacy policies and practices under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”). Please refer to our CCPA privacy notice.
We also collect information by removing identifiers such as your name or by aggregating information. We may use such aggregate information as described in the section “Other Types of Information We Collect and How We Use It” found below.
HOW WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
Who We Share Information With
We may disclose Personal Information we collect or you provide to our subsidiaries and affiliates, to third parties including contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and to fulfill the purpose for which you provided it. Those third parties can include but are not limited to:
- Service providers
- Data aggregators or analytic providers
- Government agencies including law enforcement
- Medical or healthcare service providers
- Other insurance institutions and insurance industry support organizations including reinsurers
- Our affiliates
- A suitor pursuant to a potential business transfer
- Advertising or social media networks (to direct content to you on our behalf not theirs as we do not sell your Personal Information to them for their own use)
- Any third party upon your or your agent’s written authorization as required by law.
OTHER TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
Aggregate Information. We may gather and store aggregate information about visitors. Aggregate Information is any information that does not allow us to identify a specific individual. Examples include demographic information, areas visited on the Website or what browser was used to access the Website.
The collection of this aggregate information enables us to measure the number of visitors to various portions of the Website, diagnose problems with our server, administer the Website and track visitor activity. We will use this aggregate information to learn more about what you and our customers are expecting from our services, and tailor and improve the Website. Because aggregate information collected on the Website does not personally identify you, we may use aggregate information for any purpose whatsoever, and share aggregate information with third parties for any purpose whatsoever.
We may collect aggregate information through our website, through browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application or advertisement. This is not typically capable of being associated with a particular consumer. However, if you visit our website by clicking on a link in a direct, electronic communication addressed to you, we are able to ascertain your identity from our records on file and determine what website pages of ours you visited and when.
WHERE WE STORE AND MAINTAIN INFORMATION
CopperPoint’s Website is not directed to or intended for children. CopperPoint does not knowingly collect or post information from children under the age of 13 in compliance with laws protecting the privacy of children. No person under the age of 13 may provide any personal information on this website. If you believe we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13, please contact CopperPoint Chief Compliance Officer: SBegley@copperpoint.com. You can visit the Federal Trade Commission website to learn more about the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
CopperPoint maintains profiles and/or pages on various social media sites including Facebook and Twitter. If you choose to “Like” CopperPoint on Facebook, “Follow” CopperPoint on Twitter, or take any similar action on another social media site, you are providing your consent to receive information updates, including solicitations, from CopperPoint. To stop receiving this information from CopperPoint on a social media site, you must follow the procedure established by the site. For example, on Facebook, you must click “Unlike” on CopperPoint’s page, and, on Twitter, you must click “Unfollow” on CopperPoint’s profile.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
OUR SECURITY PROCEDURES
We have taken measures designed to secure your personal information. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If you have a password to access parts of this website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We take reasonable precautions to safeguard the personal information transmitted between visitors and the Website and the personal information stored on our servers, unfortunately, no method of transmitting or storing data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure and transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We strive to protect your personal information, but we cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to us through, or in connection with the website.
Reporting Potential Compromise or Suspicious Activity: If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure or, if for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised, you must immediately notify us of the problem by calling us toll-free at 1-800-231-1363 or by email. Refer to Contact Information.
If we believe the security of your personal information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If notification is appropriate, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible under the circumstances, and, to the extent we have your email address, we may notify you by email. If you receive an email or other correspondence requesting that you provide any sensitive information (including your password or social security number) via email or to a website that does not seem to be affiliated with the Website, or that seems suspicious to you, please do not provide such information. Report requests to us at CopperPoint Insurance Companies, 3030 N. 3rd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85012, Attn Chief Compliance Officer.
CHANGES TO POLICY
INSURANCE CLAIM TRANSACTION UNDER GRAMM-LEACH-BLILEY ACT (GLBA)
If your information has been collected in connection with any transaction involving an insurance claim, application or insurance policy related manner, your rights are likely covered under the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (“GLBA”). Please refer to our GLBA privacy notice.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding the use of your personal information. To learn more about your rights and the personal information collected under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”), refer to our CCPA privacy notice.
Toll-free Phone: 1-800-231-1363 (Office hours are 8 am to 5 pm (MST) Monday through Friday excluding holidays).
Postal Address: CopperPoint Insurance Company, 3030 N. 3rd Street, Phoenix, AZ 85012, Attention: Sara Begley, General Counsel.
Third Party Code of Conduct
CopperPoint family of companies which includes CopperPoint Insurance Company, Pacific Compensation Insurance Company, Alaska National Insurance Company and their affiliated companies (“CopperPoint)” is committed to conducting its business in accordance with the highest ethical standards. This Third-Party Code of Conduct outlines our commitment to ethical business practices and compliance with all applicable laws. CopperPoint expects all suppliers, vendors, subcontractors, agents, and consultants (referred to here as “you”) acting on CopperPoint’s behalf or, with whom it does business, to share these values and adhere this Third-Party Code of Conduct.
- Conduct business ethically and with integrity. CopperPoint expects you to share its commitment to conducting business with the highest ethical standards, treating employees, customers, policyholders, and business partners with fairness, dignity, and respect.
- Comply with all laws. CopperPoint expects you to conduct business in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, including, but not limited to, compliance with all applicable U.S. and international economic sanctions and export control laws and regulations, all applicable U.S. and international antitrust and competition laws and regulations, and detection, prevention, and reporting of potential money laundering and terrorist financing activities, applicable U.S. and international anti-corruption laws, including the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and all other applicable laws that prohibit corruption, extortion, kickbacks, or bribery, including the U.K. Bribery Act 2010. You are expected to comply with all applicable laws when dealing with the government and to act with integrity with respect to government officials.
- Keep Confidential Information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. The protection of confidential and sensitive company information and that of our policyholders, customers, employees, and business partners is of the utmost importance. CopperPoint expects you to maintain appropriate administrative and technical security procedures and controls to safeguard this information on our behalf. CopperPoint also expects you to comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws and international privacy and data protection laws and regulations, including laws and regulations regarding the cross-border transfer of personal information. CopperPoint expects you to protect the intellectual property (“IP”) of CopperPoint, its business partners, and other third parties.
- Commitment to Diversity. CopperPoint strives to reflect the diverse marketplace in its customers, workforce, recruitment of employees and in its suppliers and community partners. You are expected to show commitment to a culture of diversity and inclusion. No form of harassment or discrimination on the basis of any classification or status prohibited by law will be tolerated. CopperPoint expects you to provide services and benefits without regard to the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, pregnancy, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other classifications or status protected by law.
- Maintain a safe working environment. CopperPoint is committed to maintaining and supporting safe working environments for its employees, tenants, its customers, the public, and third parties with whom it does business. We expect you to adhere to sound occupational health, safety, hazard prevention, emergency preparedness and response procedures and sound business continuity practices. CopperPoint has a zero tolerance for workplace violence, and you are expected to act to prevent workplace violence.
- Avoid conflicts of interest. CopperPoint desires to preserve and protect its reputation and avoid the appearance of impropriety. CopperPoint expects you to avoid actual or potential conflicts between your business, financial, or personal interests and the interests of CopperPoint. You shall not knowingly deal directly with a CopperPoint employee whose family member or relative, including spouse or domestic partner, has a financial interest our business, unless approval has been given by CopperPoint’s Chief Compliance Officer. Business transactions with CopperPoint, its employees, vendors, contractors, and other third parties shall be transacted free from offers or solicitation of gifts and favors or other improper inducements in exchange for influence or assistance in a transaction. You are expected to act in compliance with CopperPoint’s gift restrictions. You shall not seek to gain any advantage through the improper use of payments, business courtesies, gifts, or other inducements.
- Maintain records that are accurate. CopperPoint expects that you create and retain records in an honest and accurate manner and in compliance with all applicable legal and regulatory retention requirements.
FAILURE TO COMPLY
In the event that you that does not comply with the standards set forth in this Third-Party Code of Conduct, CopperPoint may endeavor to terminate any pending purchase order or contract with without any liability to CopperPoint.
If you suspect or become aware of any violation of this Third-Party Code of Conduct, by anyone, including a CopperPoint employee, contact CopperPoint’s General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer, Sara Begley at email@example.com.
You may also report violations through the CopperPoint Ethics Hotline at 1.800.826.6762 or at www.copperpoint.alertline.com. You may report anonymously.